Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Who am I, and why am I here?


Hi, my name is Tim Ahlers, and I share a seat on the ECC board with my wife, Melissa. I'm a software geek by day, and skier/hiker/boater/etc. in the evenings and weekends.

My original interest in joining the ECC was to get more involved in the neighborhood and the community. Melissa and I live down on a houseboat in Eastlake, and we've been lucky enough to have found a really wonderful community on the dock. After moving here, we absolutely fell in love with Eastlake and all its charms and quirks, and wanted to get more involved.

For the most part, I'm the resident computer guy for the ECC, so expect to see more about blogs, websites, email lists, etc. from me in the future.

If you're reading this and you're a resident of Eastlake, what kinds of things should your neighborhood association be thinking about?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm a huge Eastlake fan too. I live on Fairview, overlooking Hamlin Cove.

The biggest issues to me are 1) adding housing supply to support local businesses and 2) improving transit, including working for an extension of the Lake Union streetcar up Eastlake.

I'm looking forward to this blog becoming a great vehicle for news about developments in the neighborhood.

Thanks!